Sun (Day 1). Meal: D
Welcome to Tobermory
Check in at the hotel and free time to explore the town at leisure. Dinner and overnight at the hotel.
Mon (Day 2). Meals: B, L, D
Dyers’ Bay hike (Devil’s Monument) - Self guided*
Today we venture into a spectacular section of the oldest footpath in Ontario. The Dyers’ Bay area, along the shorelines of Georgian Bay, is truly incredible and among the most scenic parts of the Bruce Trail. The hike will take us through old cedar forests and limestone tunnels to explore the highs and lows of the Peninsula. There will also be a well-deserved lunch break at the beach, so don’t forget to pack your picnic lunch.
We will also take the time to marvel at the Devil’s Monument, a 45-foot high, flowerpot-shaped rock formation on the shores of Lake Huron.
- Hike Length: 14km. (8.5mi). Hiking time: 6 hours.
Tue (Day 3). Meals: B, L
Hike to the Grotto and Cyprus Lake - Self guided*
In the morning we head out for a day hike in one of the most visited and amazing sections of the famous Bruce Trail, in the northern part of the Bruce Peninsula. The hike will take us through the beautiful Grotto, and along the shores of two picturesque lakes in the peninsula’s interior – Cyprus and Horse lakes. There will be a stop for lunch by the lake, but you will need to pack your own picnic lunch.
We will encounter strange and wonderful rock formations, cliffs, mysterious caves, dramatic holes in the ground, glimpses of water so clear it takes a hiker’s breath away and white beaches that dazzle your eyes. It is enough to mesmerize any nature enthusiast.
- Hike Length: 16km (10mi). Hiking time: 7 hours.
Wed (Day 4). Meals: B, L, D
Hike from Little Lake to the Lion’s Head Beach - Self guided*
This entire day is dedicated to exploring the trails surrounding Lion’s Head, which is situated on a smaller peninsula branching out of the Bruce Peninsula. The Bruce Trail runs all around the shoreline of Lion’s Head, thus making for a rewarding hiking experience, and plenty of photo opportunities! You will be stunned by the variety of interesting geological formations and many displays of wildflowers, rare orchids and fern in this rugged but impressive section of the Bruce Trail.
After the hike, enjoy some free time to rest or take a swim at the popular local beach in the town of Lion’s Head.
- Hike Length: 14km (8.5mi). Hiking time: 6 hours.
Thu (Day 5). Meals: B, L
Hike from the Grotto to Little Cove - Self guided*
Take part in another challenging, yet memorable hike along the Georgian Bay shoreline, through secluded beaches and high cliffs overlooking the vast blue waters. Visitors and adventure seekers from around the world have described this section of the trail as “spectacular” and “breathtaking”.
After the hike, take a refreshing break on the rocky but scenic beach at Little Cove. Bring a pair of water shoes or durable sandals if you wish to step into the clear waters of the lake at this beach.
- Hike Length: 14km (8.5mi). Hiking time: 6 hours.
Fri (Day 6). Meals: B, L, D
Hike from Hope Bay to Rush Cove - Self guided*
Hike along the cliffs, South of Lion’s Head, around Cape Dundas. After packing our bags and checking out of our rooms, we will spend the morning exploring another picturesque area of the Peninsula, as we hike through Cape Dundas, we will enjoy gorgeous views of the lake at Melville Sound and Cape Croker.
Located south of Lion’s Head, near Hope Bay, this section of the Bruce Trail takes us through more hidden crevices and caves, as well as breathtaking vistas over the lake’s deep-blue waters.
- Hike Length: 14.7km (9mi). Hiking time: 6-7 hours.
Sat (Day 7). Meal: B,
Hike from Dunks Bay to Tobermory - Self guided*
Today we enjoy a hike through scenic Dunks Bay and an observation tower to the northern terminus of the Bruce Trail, marked with a cairn overlooking the harbour in Tobermory. This is a more relaxed, yet enjoyable hike through one of the most frequently-used sections of the trail.
We expect to arrive back at our hotel by 12:30 PM, and then make our way back home.
- Hike Length: 6.5km. (4mi). Hiking time: 3 hours. **
*We will start and end every hike together as a group. Your group leader – Walter – will hike with the group and assist with directions and orientation. Maps will be provided as well. However, there are no guided hikes on this tour, therefore every hiker is responsible for one’s own directions and safety, while enjoying each other’s company.
**On Day 7 we must check out of our rooms before this hike begins and leave our bags in the hotel’s luggage deposit. This hike is subject to our travel arrangements, and may be canceled if there is a conflict with our return trip from Tobermory.
(B, L, D, AI): B = breakfast; L = lunch; D = dinner; (AI) = All Inclusive
The itinerary above may be modified due to weather, road conditions or other matters beyond our control.
• Hotel accommodation in a double or twin room for 6 nights, shared with a fellow group member;
• 6 breakfasts and 4 dinners at the hotel;
• 6 packed lunches to eat during the hikes;
• daily transport by private trail shuttle with a professional driver;
• daily hikes in the company of an experienced Canadian hike leader.
• Transfer from your city to or from the hotel;
• meals and beverages not listed above;
• park entrance fees (about $8/day);
• medical insurance (if not a resident of Canada);
• other travel or personal expenses not listed in the "Inclusions" section above.
Backpack for day use, Reusable water bottle (min. 1 L.), Cell phone, Insect repellent spray, Hiking boots, Hiking pants (water resistant), Hiking poles, Snack bars (granola, etc), Sunblock, Sun glasses, Hat, Rain jacket.
• By Shuttle Bus: A shuttle service from Toronto to Tobermory is available during the summer. Visit Parkbus.ca for schedules and rates.
• By Car: Drive to our hotel, located at 34 Bay Street South Tobermory, Ontario. Click HERE for Google Map.
We will stay and have most of our meals at a comfortable hotel in the heart of Tobermory, overlooking Georgian Bay and Little Tub Harbour. The Tobermory Princess Hotel features free parking, free Wi-Fi access, a dining room with a waterfront patio and several indoor and outdoor sitting areas.
Accommodation is in double (if joining with a partner) or twin rooms with ensuite bathroom, shared with a fellow group member. Very few single rooms are available upon request (a single supplement applies). The rooms are equipped with air conditioning, a 4-piece bathroom, flat-screen TV, mini fridge and telephone.
Meals Included: 6 breakfasts, 6 packed lunches and 4 dinners.
Single supplement: CAD $975 pp*
* The supplement is required ONLY if you request single occupancy for this trip.
TRIP CANCELLATION/REFUND POLICY
- The booking deposit is non-refundable
- 100% refund - except the $200 deposit - if cancellation made over 45 days prior to departure (June 28)
- 50% refund if cancellation made between 30 and 45 days prior to departure
- No refund if cancellation made less than 30 days prior to departure